- 1.1. “information” means any information, including personal information that you provide to Fairplay Hardware;
- 1.2. "personal information" means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where its applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to:
- 1.2.1. Information relating to race, gender, sex, age, language and ID of the person;
- 1.2.2. any e-mail address, physical address, telephone number and location information;
- 1.2.3. the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about that person.
- 1.3. “we” or “us” or “Fairplay Hardware” means Hibiscus Investments (Pty Ltd) & or Zatosys (Pty) Ltd.
- 1.4. “website” means www.fairplay.co.za
- 1.5. “social media” means any social media platform, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp.
- 1.6. "you” or “user” means any person who accesses or uses the website;
1. Information collection
2. Use of information
Fairplay Hardware is committed to keep your personal information confidential and safe. We will use your personal information communicate with you, enhance your experience and improve the service that you receive from Fairplay Hardware, unless expressly directed by you not to do so. The information collected may be used to:
- establish and verify your identity;
- maintain and update Fairplay Hardware’s customer or potential customer databases;
- greet you personally when you access our online communication portals;
- send you direct marketing material from which you will be able to opt out or unsubscribe;
- send you our latest catalogue as and when they are available;
- improve the content of the website or any of our services; installation, guarantee, extended warranties, customer care and product reviews;
- Inform you about competitions, promotions and special offers from Fairplay Hardware;
- do marketing and do customer and market research for Fairplay Hardware;
3. Information security and quality
In order to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information, Fairplay Hardware has implemented appropriate technical and organizational information security measures to assist in keeping your information secure, accurate, current, and complete. However, Fairplay Hardware cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to it online and you do so at your own risk.
4. Sharing of information
By disclosing your information to us, you are agreeing that Fairplay Hardware may share your information within the group and its affiliates.
- 4.1 Fairplay Hardware may also share information within the Fairplay Hardware Group, associated companies, employees or third parties contracted or employed by Fairplay Hardware to provide services for or to Fairplay Hardware, including but not limited to, website hosting and development, customer support, technical support, financial services like credit or other payment processing, delivery services and messaging services. The sharing of this information is necessary for Fairplay Hardware provide adequate service to you and all those service providers are bound by our non-disclosure agreement.
- 4.2 Fairplay Hardware may also disclose your personal information when lawfully required to do so to:
- 4.2.1 Any third party to investigate or resolve complaints, including abuse complaints;
- 4.2.2 Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- 4.2.3 Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants;
- 4.2.4 Any third party who acquires all, or substantially all, of the assets or shares in Fairplay Hardware, any of Fairplay Hardware affiliates, whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise.
- 4.2.5 Governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if Fairplay Hardware is required to do so by law so as to: (i) comply with the law or with any legal process; (ii) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Fairplay Hardware, its affiliates or their customers and (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, Fairplay Hardware will proactively disclose this information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities);
5. Selling of Information
6. Information Flow Monitoring
Fairplay Hardware may monitor, intercept, read, block, or delete communication over its communication platforms of the content is not in line with the organisation’s principles;
7. Retention of Personal Information
Fairplay Hardware will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless: (i) retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or (ii) you have consented to the retention of the record. During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
8. Usernames and Passwords
You acknowledge that online and internet communications and transactions are not free of error or 100% secure. In particular, information may not be secure in transit from the user to our website. Where the user is providing sensitive personal information such as passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is the user's responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of it and to safeguard them.
Fairplay Hardware’s website is not targeted at children under the age of 18 and if it happens that users under the age of 18 are on our platforms, Fairplay Hardware is committed to comply with all applicable laws aimed at the protection of children and in particular the protection of their personal information.
10. Questions regarding this policy
Questions regarding this statement may be directed to email@example.com