At Fairplay Hardware, it is our prime objective to bring total satisfaction to you with every purchase you make.
If it so happens that your choice of products is faulty, incorrect or defective or it isn't what you expected, we are here to help subject to stipulated terms.
This policy forms part of Fairplay Hardware Terms and Conditions and it is guided by the Consumer Protection Act.
Please note that for protection of both parties, your personal information and your reasons for the return will be requested within the process of verifying the product return. Your personal information will be processed in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
10 BUSINESS DAYS EXCHANGE AND REFUND POLICY
We are committed to exchange or refund most non-defective products if you return them within 10 business days of purchase (delivery), provided
- They are unused.
- They are in their original packaging and condition, including all attachments, accessories and documentation.
Returns and exchange requests for goods purchased or delivered more than 10 days ago might incur handling or processing fees. Please note that you are required to provide original proof of purchase on returning any products.
INSPECTION OF RETURNED PRODUCTS UPON RECEIPT.
All returned goods will be thoroughly inspected and a determination will be made if eligibility of requirements is met for credit, refund, replacement, exchange or repair.
RETURNING A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT
In the event that your product of choice turns out defective within the first 6 months after delivery, provided our manufacturer's warranty has not expired you are encouraged to return them and Fairplay Hardware will either arrange for repairing them, replacement or give you a refund. Please note that it may not be possible to determine in-store whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is important as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded.
Defective goods may be refunded, repaired or replaced at our discretion and we reserve the right to send goods for technical evaluation prior to repairing or exchanging such goods.Defective products can be referred or returned back for technical assessment by the manufacturer or prior to repairing, replacing or refunding. The time for the processing of returns on defective goods will depend on the response from the supplier and or manufacturer.You will need to provide an original proof of purchase to validate warranty status. In the event that your products show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, Fairplay Hardware will refer back the goods to the manufacturer for repair and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace. No returns on will be processed after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired.
GOODS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURNS
Certain Products are not eligible for returns, exchange or refund due to hygiene reasons, applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. Refer to list below:
- Customized items to suit the customers’ needs. e.g. cut to size boards, steel, mixed paint.
- Selected electrical products.
- Goods damaged by lightning or other electrical surges.
- Goods damaged by unauthorized alterations to the product.
- Goods misused or purposely damaged.
- Goods not used as described in the user manual supplied with the product.
- Goods not installed by certified technicians, plumbers, electricians etc.
- Goods purchased by way of special arrangement or custom order unless otherwise defective.
- Perishable goods that are returned beyond their expiry dates.
- Goods that are purchased at a discounted price during a weekly or monthly promotion or storewide sale are not eligible for return unless otherwise defective.
- Goods which are sold as damaged, defective, used or repaired, where Fairplay Hardware disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods.
- Goods bought as a combo deal are unreturnable unless otherwise defective.
GOODS WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN SEEN BEFORE PURCHASE
Where goods have been purchased via catalogue or online and a customer has not had the opportunity to examine or inspect the actual goods, they may be returned within 10 days of original invoice or delivery date and they must be in the original condition as well as original packaging.
Once Fairplay Hardware have assessed a returned item and approved a refund, you will receive your money back in the same manner in which you purchased it:
- Cash (if the original payment was made in cash). Any amount beyond R5000 will be returned through eft.
- Electronic transfer directly into your account subject to banking delays.
- Credit card (by reversal back to your credit card and subject to banking delays).
- Cheque – within one week of request and only once your original cheque is cleared.
Fairplay Hardware will refund a purchase for the exact amount paid less the handling and or restocking fee.
Handling fee may be charged where:
- Goods are returned in their original condition and repackaged in original packaging, we may charge a reasonable amount for use of goods during the time they were in the consumer’s possession, unless they are goods that are ordinarily consumed or depleted by use and no such consumption or depletion has occurred.
- any consumption or depletion of the goods, unless that consumption or depletion is limited to a reasonable amount necessary to determine whether the goods were acceptable to the consumer.